Friday, December 8, 2006

Faithless - To All New Arrivals (2006)

The big comeback of Faithless is here! The album just got out last month (November 2006) and is very HOT! Their sound is more mature than ever! You can listen to the whole CD from the beginning 'till the end with great pleasure. I only wish it was summer and that I was sunbathing near the sea listening to it.

You will surely pay attention to the track "Last This Day" featuring Dido. I LOVE her voice.

Maxi Jazz will "travel" you throughout the CD with his well-known style.

I am really happy that they are back with this very good album. Here is the tracklist:

1. Bombs Feat. Harry Collier
2. Spiders, Crocodiles & Kryptonite Feat. Robert Smith
3. Music Matters Feat. Cass Fox
4. Nate’s Tune
5. I Hope
6. Last This Day Feat. Dido
7. To All New Arrivals Feat. Harry Collier
8. Hope & Glory Feat. One Eskimo
9. A Kind of Peace Feat. Cat Power
10. The Man In You
11. Emergency

More comments will follow. I have to go now... Time to work. Will edit later. :)

-----------------------

Part II:

Well I'm back and it's time for some more elaborate comments since I've just now listened to the CD with more attention:

#2:
While listening to the second track I really got stuck! I recognized from the very start that this song uses a sample from a very well known song, but I couldn't remember witch one was that! And then it hit me! It's a sample from The Cure's Lullaby and I must say that they used it in a very smart way!

#3:
Wow! I adored this one! Well, I am a big fan of dance tracks with good vocals especially by women singers. I searched around for the lyrics, but I guess it's too soon. But I enjoy very much listening to songs and trying to write down the lyrics. So, here they are, from me with love:

Faithless - Music Matters

Fot all those who stood up and counted
For all those for whom money was no motive
For all for whom music was a message
I want to thank you for making me
That emotion (?)
Never more wise and courageous

You told me to look much further
You told me to want much more
You told me the music matters
Let's chase those dogs back from my door

I won't stop here
I won't be still
Until the sun sets
On us all

Maxi Jazz:

Under the sheets with my radio
Turned down low
So nobody know
It's the late night show
Hoping to hear Hey Joe

Jimmy was my hero
Kate blown by the top hour (?)
to visit the true star (?)
From ????????
Curtis
Mayfield

[I give up... He speaks very fast!] :S

You told me to look much further
You told me to want much more
You told me the music matters
Let's chase those dogs back from my door

I won't stop here
I won't be still
Until the sun sets
On us all

Refrain to fade...


No comments:

Post a Comment