Friday, March 2, 2007

Jamiroquai gets 6 Guinness World Records certificates!!

February 27, 2007 Jamiroquai's Jay Kay got 6 Guinness World Records certificates for his concert in an airplane flight from Munich to Athens. The records broken were highest ever concert, fastest ever concert, highest ever recording, fastest ever recording, highest gig in a plane and fastest gig in a plane.


After the flight Jay Kay stated that he will take some time off. This statement was misinterpreted by the press who hurried to mention that he is quitting the music industry. A post made in the group's official website restores the truth. He is going to start working for a new album in a few months. As the frontman said: “As usual they got it wrong for a cheap headline! All I said was that we’re taking a bit of time out to get the studio refurbished and we’ll be back making music in a few months time. There’s no way I’m quitting the music business - now I am out of my long contract with SonyBMG we have so many options open to us we’re just going to take our time and get it right - its just getting interesting!”

1 comment:

  1. Quite a nice publicity stunt for him. He has created all the hype he wanted and now he will just take his time to make a new record. Oh well all credit to his public relations people. Music wise, I am really curious if the new LP will be full of his usual funk/pop tunes (I know I know my terminology sucks,lol) or something more dance orientated.

    ReplyDelete